Blockpass is Hiring: Blockpass Research Developer
Blockpass and the School of Computing at Edinburgh Napier University have jointly created the Blockpass Identity Lab at the school’s Merchiston Campus. The Lab is conducting research into topics around distributed digital identities using advanced cryptographic methods.
Blockpass and the School of Computing at Edinburgh Napier University have jointly created the Blockpass Identity Lab at the school’s Merchiston Campus. The Lab is conducting research into topics around distributed digital identities using advanced cryptographic methods.The Lab will be primarily staffed by research employees of the University, including Research Associates and PhD students. Blockpass is seeking to hire a talented developer with solid communication skills to work directly with andalongside these researchers, to ultimately help Blockpass realise the commercial benefits of the collaboration and the academic work.You will feed into, feed off, and assist with Blockpass-related research work.Blockpass does not have other staff permanently based in Edinburgh. You will be the full-time representative of Blockpass onsite within the Lab. While you will be working alongside other Lab staff, you must be able to work autonomously and self-manage.While there is a significant administrative, reporting, and communication aspect, it is expected that the majority of your time will be spent researching solutions and coding. There will be an ongoing opportunity to help define the role further.You will report to the Blockpass CTO or their delegate.Core Responsibilities:
Preferred Experience and Attributes:
- Report weekly to Blockpass management on activity, progress, plans, and challenges within the Lab.
- Ensure agreed projects and deliverables are appropriately defined and tracked.
- Provide liaison and ensure good information flows between the University and Blockpass.
- Understand Blockpass R&D priorities and areas of interest, and ensure other Lab staff are aware of them.
- Identify research opportunities for the Lab that might contribute to the Blockpass product roadmap.
- Understand the Lab research outputs, and explain them to other Blockpass technical staff.
- Develop code to explore forward-looking concepts in conjunction with other Blockpass technical staff based in other locations.
- Create proof-of-concept prototypes that help to demonstrate new functionality.
- Assist with organising and running events such as hackathons and conferences.
- Assist with the writing of Research Grant Applications for joint work between the University and Blockpass.
- Respond to questions from Blockpass partners and regulatory agencies on topics relating to Lab research or related aspects of Blockpass products.
Hours: Permanent, Full Time
- University degree in Mathematics or Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience in a startup or other small, commercially focussed development team.
- A strong interest in Cryptography and Privacy.
- Exposure to Blockchain and/or other open distributed architectures.
- Able to self-manage, and demonstrate initiative, reliability, and consistency.
- Innovative and creative - able to spot opportunities from bringing ideas together.
Location: Edinburgh Napier University, Merchiston Campus
Renumeration: Available on requestHow To Apply: To apply if the above sounds like you, email [email protected] telling us why you feel you would be a good fit, and attaching your CV.